Sunday, June 3, 2012

Morning


In the morning I’ll wake up when my phone buzzes at 8:33.
In the morning I’ll lay in bed until 8:37.

In the morning I’ll change my shirt four times.
In the morning I’ll stumble into the living room.
In the morning I’ll look for a pack of cigarettes she didn’t buy.

The next morning I’ll wake up and pick out a shirt.
The next morning I’ll walk out of my room.
The next morning I’ll see a pack of American Spirits on the table.

The next morning I’ll take one out, put it behind my ear, close the box.
The next morning I’ll fish a dollar from my pocket and roll it up.
The next morning I’ll put the dollar where the cigarette was.

In the morning I’ll wake up and smoke her cigarette on the way to class.
In the morning, between drags, I’ll wonder if I should have left a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment