Sunday, June 3, 2012

I don’t know what I’m doing with my hands.


I’m smiling, sort of, but if you look harder
you can see the bags under my eyes are
filled with freshman anticipation for something
I never found in a film canister full
of twenty-dollar tequila.

Peter looks younger than I remember.
His hair is short and his beard is patchy.
He’s standing with strangely good posture for
someone holding a half-empty beer in a cluttered
dorm room after curfew.

Jonathan’s wearing the cap I got at Family Thrift,
holding that coat rack that wouldn’t fit
over the door.
He’s looking toward the camera,
but not at the camera.

Our bodies are all stopped mid-dance and
Jonathan’s mouth is ajar,
like he’s about to tell Kelsey
not to take the picture
cause we all look like

–shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment